Coupons?

I have a few questions about creating coupons.

I see the maximum discount one can give is $ 97.

Can I create a $ 97 discount coupon for the L1 plan?

If yes, then what will the new signup pay in total for a full years worth of hosting?

Do I get $97 for each new signup that I send to DH with this coupon code?

If yes, then how do I get access to this money?

Can I use this payment to pay for my own hosting fees for the next year?

Any other advice appreciated.

Thanks.

With DH’s affiliate program they’re willing to offer you $97 per signup your bring to them. So if someone pays for a new account and uses you as the referrer then you will have this money credited to you after 3 months.

A new twist to that system is that if you want you can give away some or all of that $97 dollars to someone who you give a promo code to. You can apply it to a straight $97 off the total hosting package or you can give them more free domain registrations or unique IP or…

But the more of your $97 you give away the less you get back. And yes, if you get money from a referral or promo-code then that can be applied straight towards your hosting bill.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Just to finish off the questions:

[quote]Can I create a $ 97 discount coupon for the L1 plan?

If yes, then what will the new signup pay in total for a full years worth of hosting?[/quote]
If the new signup prepays a year’s hosting, it comes out to $22.40.

And just to make what Matt said absolutely clear: You would get zero if you created a $97 code and someone used it for a one year prepaid plan.

In addition to what Matt said, you can also get it paid out to you via PayPal, less a 5% fee for cash payouts. If you have 5 or more direct referrals, you can avoid the 5% as a classy Platinum member. You can also choose have it paid out as a check as if you’re Platinum.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Ok but why would I then give someone a $97 discount if i get $0.

And why would someone sign with a $0 coupon code so that I can get $97.

Am I understanding it incorrectly? Where can I read more on this, because I did not find anything in the Wiki.

[quote]Ok but why would I then give someone a $97 discount if i get $0.

And why would someone sign with a $0 coupon code so that I can get $97.

Am I understanding it incorrectly? Where can I read more on this, because I did not find anything in the Wiki.[/quote]
People give out $97 discounts on their promo codes because:

1. They are nice and just want people to have a good deal.
  2. They get secondary referrals (generally $5) for every person your primary referrals sign up.
  3. Lots of people are giving out $97 codes, so if you give a $50 code, you’re not going to get a lot of referrals.
  4. Even if you did get some $50 referrals, if you’re like me you’d get an uneasy feeling of somehow giving your referral a “bad deal”. This is unacceptable to me and feeds into reason #1, but everyone is different.

There are a bunch of threads on the forums about this if you want to look them up. Some are pretty interesting.

As to why someone would sign up for a $0 coupon code, they probably wouldn’t, but if you do figure out a way that doesn’t involve something illegal or me taking off my clothes, let me know. (hmm, that might be the same thing, sorry for the redundancy) (I also apologize for any temporary blindness that has afflicted anyone from the mere thought…)

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Ok. I think I get it now. We promote DH because we are nice people. I am actually one of them too.

DH should create one where if we sign X amount of people, then we can get our next year free.

I would be willing to promote the “…” out of this in order to get my next year free.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Well, you still get $5 or 5% from the second level referrals. It ought to be enough to cover your bill next year :stuck_out_tongue:

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

Is that free for the lifetime of the account, or just the first year?

It’s free as long as you host with them.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Thanks seiler!

Now I just need to pick one. Is there a master list anywhere of coupon offers which are for the max allowed discounts?

Alternately, who are the local anti-spam and procmail nerds who have max value coupons?
Might as well send some benefit in the direction of folks who share my interests! :slight_smile:

Not really (except, I guess, maybe using google :wink: !).

Users can make their own codes, and almost any combination of “dollars off” and “extra features” is available from somebody.

Obviously, the "extra features (especially domains/IP addresses) over a “greater” savings in the long run - but many just want the max $97 off cash discount - which is “gone” at the end of the first year - the other features “keep on giving”.

–rlparker

The max discount is $97. Any features like IPs, domains, etc… come out of that $97. So the more features you want, the lower the cash discount will be.

Promo codes are created by the users, so we can all make them. So the person whose code you use will get the credit for your sign-up.

It breaks down like this:

Each IP subtracts $30, each domain reg subtracts $15 and each 10% of disk space or bandwidth knocks of $9.

In the long term, if you have a use for them, the domain names & IPs are good deals.

So, you could do a code for 3 IPs ($90) and $7 off, which adds up to $97. Or any combo of the above.

If you want something specific, I (or anyone) can make a code.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).

I’ve created few promo codes. All max discounts with different offers except the last one. You may find yours here.

http://patrtan.dreamhosters.com/promo.php

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes here

As others have said, there isn’t a publicly available master list of active promo codes. You will find a lot of promo codes and links to promo codes here on the forums.

[quote]Alternately, who are the local anti-spam and procmail nerds who have max value coupons?
Might as well send some benefit in the direction of folks who share my interests! [/quote]
I don’t personally know the anti-spam and procmail experts here on the forums. You could do a search and find posters who are providing good information and throw a referral their way.

Good luck and welcome (in advance) to DreamHost.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

[quote] could do a search and find posters who are providing good information and throw a referral their way.

Good luck and welcome (in advance) to DreamHost.[/quote]
Thanks everybody!

Just spent more than two hours searching, and have some candidates, but none have that particular coupon (free unique IP and $67 off).

Is it ok forum netiquette to PM a coupon creation request, if they’ve already got a code in their sig?

Maybe you did not visit my site.

If you are looking for a free unique IP and $67 off, here is one [color=#CC0000]67YES[/color]

You can search in the forum. There should be plenty of them.

I doubt anyone would mind, since it’s not exactly hard to make one.

If you found someone that helped you that you want to have the credit, go ahead and PM him.

Whoever refers you will get $5 each time you refer someone after you sign up.

[quote]Just spent more than two hours searching, and have some candidates, but none have that particular coupon (free unique IP and $67 off).

Is it ok forum netiquette to PM a coupon creation request, if they’ve already got a code in their sig?[/quote]
If you just ask on the forums someone will respond with a promo code.

OTOH, I can say with 100% certainty that there’s someone with more than 1000 posts where at the bottom of every post there’s a promo code for a free unique IP address and $67 off.

In fact, I’d say that this person might even have posted in this thread thread three or four times and has even directly answered your questions one or two times.

He might be shocked that he’s being ignored and might be worried that it’s something he said!

So you might consider PM’ing this lensman fellow to either tell him what he did wrong or whether he should be reassured. I know he’s also a little worried that in his attempt to make his signature low key and to not distract from the forum content that he’s being passed over for those with more garish signatures.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

[quote]OTOH, I can say with 100% certainty that there’s someone with more than 1000 posts where at the bottom of every post

[/quote]

Don’t be upset. Don’t you use the Sig-block Addon? :wink:

Ha ha ha! That’s great! Hang in there, lensman, buddy! :slight_smile:

–rlparker