Coupon for upgrade?

I have been on dreamhost for over week or so and I have to admint (knocking on the wood) it is lot better than my other two accounts one on servage.com which is complete crap and other on lunarpages.com which is so so but slow.
. I am very please and want to thank you guys for offering such a generous bandwidth, space speed and most of all shell access, due to all this I decided to upgrade to level 3
now I see all this promotional codes under some of the guys, will they work for upgrade? or only for new signups?

Welcome to DreamHost! I’m glad things are going well, and hope you remain happy with your decision.

Unfortunately, Promo-Codes are only good for new sign-ups, must be entered at sign-up time, and cannot be used for upgrades or renewals. They are designed to “introduce” a new user to DH.

I’ve found the regular prices are still the best thing going, and you can always help defray your ongoing costs by creating and distributing your own Promo-Codes. Many pay nothing, and make money this way, though it is harder now with all the $97 off codes :wink: .

–rlparker

thanks again for such a friendly customer oriented service, I am canceling my account with servage and :slight_smile: wget all my files from there,to here .
and will upgrade soon.

Well, we customers here on the forums really do try to be as helpful as we can, but the thanks for the “good service” is probably more appropriately directed at the DH staff. :wink:

They occasionally drop by here to read, but very rarely post in these forums. You can always tell a DH staffer by the special “flag” next to their user name in the forum.

–rlparker

As others have said, promo codes are only good for new account signups, but you do get full credit for any prepayment on your previous plan (less the monthly pro-rated amount).

Thinking about it, people would be able to take advantage of two or more promotion codes if they allowed promo codes on upgrades.

Hmm, unless they only allowed it for accounts that hadn’t previously used a promo code… But then since you can drop down in service they’d have to figure out how to prevent people from upgrading using a promo code, then downgrading again. Ah, the problems of a frictionless economy!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

What do you mean by full credit ? I currently use 555 promo code plan for 1 year. How many do I have to pay for another 1 year prepayment ?

Jonathan

What I mean is let’s say you signed up for one year prepayment on a Level 1 plan ($9.95 a month) and paid $119.40. After five months and 15 days, you decide to upgrade to a Level 3 plan on a two year prepayment ($17.95 a month). You would need to pay $430.80 for this, but you have $59.70 “left over” from your previous plan’s prepayment, so you only have to pay $371.10.

What plan level are you at now and what level would you be upgrading to?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Hey
I want to purchase a L1 plan ( I am new here). I want to pay anualy, so with the FLENS97 discount cupon I will only have to pay 22.4$? That’s right?

thanks

Hmm. By the rules of the forums, I don’t think I can directly talk about specific discount codes here, but generally, $97 promo codes, when applied to a one year prepaid Level 1 hosting plan, will mean you only have to pay $22.40 for that first year.

You will have to pay $119.40 for the second year, and every year thereafter (until prices go up or down).

Down, maybe, but DH locks in your price and won’t raise it as long as you host with them.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Or are you talking about renewals? Promo codes are only for new users - not renewals.

I made the mistake of not using a promo code when I signed up too. But it’s still not bad even at full price.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit. Let me know if you want something else!

So, if the price is drop we as ‘old’ customer still have to pay with ‘old’ price ?

T-T-L
$97 off using [color=#CC0000]LuckyYou[/color] promo code (Just pay $22.40/year for Crazy Domain Insane) :cool: . Sign Up NOW

I don’t know if there’s ever been a drop in price (other than sales), but the features & resources have gone up so much over the years that it seems that way.

If it did happen, I’d imagine they’d pass it on to the old-timers, just like they do when they add features.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

That will be fair. I agree with you that DH’s features are great. Still enjoy being DH’s customer so far.

T-T-L
$97 off using [color=#CC0000]LuckyYou[/color] promo code (Just $22.40/1st year with Crazy Domain Insane plan) :cool: . Sign Up NOW

I suspect that at worst, you’ll have to sign up for another two year contract if you want the new price discounted for a two-year prepayment, but that if you’re monthly or a one-year, there’s really nothing stopping you from “upgrading” to the same plan. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, it’s only for new sign-ups. I agree that it would be great to use promotional codes that gives additional disk space with level 3 plan.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Check Out DreamHost Promo Codes

If I’m still happy with DH I don’t mind going on with two-year prepayment. :slight_smile:

T-T-L
$97 off using [color=#CC0000]LuckyYou[/color] promo code (Just $22.40/1st year with Crazy Domain Insane plan) :cool: . Sign Up NOW