Coupon code for 2nd plan

Is it possible use a coupon code for a second plan ? And this new domain have the same C block of the first (SEO question) ?

No, promo-codes are only valid for new customers purchasing their first plan from DreamHost.

The new domain is unlikely to be on the same IP as your previous domain, but it may (or may not) be within the same IP block.

For example, the 3 of my domains hosted on DreamHost (on the same server and under the same plan) resolve to the following IP addresses;

So of the three, two are in the same block.

In my experience, sub-domains will also tend to be on different IPs. So you may not need to register different top level domains for your SEO requirements.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I’m not an expert…i register the domain on namecheap.com, not in Dreamhost, so i must ask on namecheap.com ?

I am unsure what your question is.

If you mean about the IP addresses, then this has little to do with your domain registrar. If the domain is hosted here, then the IP address will be determined by which DreamHost server your domain ends up on and, as I said above, each DreamHost box seems to have many IP addresses.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

i’ve tried to ping both domain and they have different IP, but if i modify DNS to work with a dreamhost plan, the IP is the same or change ?

While they may end up on the same IP address, in my experience this is unlikely to be the case.

Your best option is to change the DNS records to point at DreamHost (ns1.dreamhost.com etc.) and after the DNS changes propagate, check the IP again.

Mark

i’ve add a new plan, but now what i do ? I must create a new user ?

Did you require the extra storage / bandwidth provided by the new plan? or were you just interested in the extra domain?

If you only wanted the new domain, then you could have just registered another domain under your existing plan for a lot less. Every DreamHost plan can host unlimited domains.

Mark

I’ve add the new domain, but what i do to work it with the new hosting plan ?

I am still unsure why you needed to add a new hosting plan if all you wanted was a new domain. Perhaps if you outlined exactly what it is that you are trying to achieve?

Anyway, in answer to your question;

If the domain has been registered at DreamHost; Simply add it to the DreamHost system in the panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain

If the domain is registered elsewhere; First change the DNS configuration for the domain, using whatever utility your registrar provides, to…

ns1.dreamhost.com
ns2.dreamhost.com
ns3.dreamhost.com

After doing this, you can add the domain to the DreamHost hosting system in the panel at Domains -> Manage Domains -> Add New Domain / Sub-Domain.

Mark

yes, you have reason, i’ve asked to the support to delete the new plan added :slight_smile:

I’ve add the new domain, thanks to the support

I am glad you have it worked out, you were beginning to confuse me, but I have been told that I am easily confused :slight_smile:

Good luck.

Mark