Could I loose money on a promo code?

Hi.

I have a question about the promo codes. What happens if I create a promo code that cuts the price tag with $50 and adds an extra free domain namne ($15) and someone uses this code when they sign up for the monthly package?

$50 $15 = $65.
Monthly payment is $10.95 $49.95 (setup fee) = $60.95.
$65 - $69.95 = -$4.05.

I’m just wondering that if I create that code and someone wants to pay monthly will I have to pay $4.05? Or did I get the math wrong?

I don’t think you can create the code as the maximum for monthly plan only $50 and DH (as I know) will never get additional bonus you give from your credits.

[b]SIGN UP with $50 off 2 additional lifetime domains

I did a test and created a code that would give a $50 discount on any payment period nincluding one extra free lifetime domain registration. The panel had nothing to complain.

As I understand it, the credit is always $97, even though how much you can give to the user is $50 if they sign up for monthly while until 12/11, you can give all $97 to the user.

The “extras” come out of your portion of the credit. If you give $50 discount and $15 for a free domain, you end up getting $97-e = $32.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.

[quote]I did a test and created a code that would give a $50 discount on any payment period nincluding one extra free lifetime domain registration. The panel had nothing to complain.
[/quote]
Isn’t that just like giving them $50 off…or are you giving them two FREE lifetime domain registrations…as they already get one with their hosting package…???

Really just wondering if they only get one…with the package you are offering.

[quote]Isn’t that just like giving them $50 off…or are you giving them two FREE lifetime domain registrations…as they already get one with their hosting package…???

Really just wondering if they only get one…with the package you are offering.[/quote]
You’ll note that mko did say “one extra free lifetime domain registration”. The use of the term “extra” means that he intended the domain to be “extra” beyond the one free lifetime domain registration you get with all plans.

So yes, someone signing up for dreamhost hosting using that promo code would have two free lifetime domain registrations - but one would be provided by mko by the promo code and one would be provided by dreamhost as part of the base plan.

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. More Dreamhost coupons

[quote]I have a question about the promo codes. What happens if I create a promo code that cuts the price tag with $50 and adds an extra free domain namne ($15) and someone uses this code when they sign up for the monthly package?

$50 $15 = $65.
Monthly payment is $10.95 $49.95 (setup fee) = $60.95.
$65 - $69.95 = -$4.05.

I’m just wondering that if I create that code and someone wants to pay monthly will I have to pay $4.05? Or did I get the math wrong?[/quote]
As wholly says, you’re forgetting that there’s $97 available to you to split between your referral fee, the cash discount, and feature discounts.

I can’t make heads or tails of where the logic is coming from for some of the items you’ve chosen to add up or subtract, so I’m just going to start from scratch myself and ignore the math above.

Assumptions:
Available referral dollars: $97
Cash discount: $50
Cost of extra domain name: $15
First months payment: $10.95
Setup fee: $49.95

Barney signs up without any promo code. He has to pay $10.95 (first month) + $49.95 (signup fee) = $60.90.

Fred signs up with your promo code. He has to pay $10.95 (first month) + $49.95 (signup fee) - $50 (promo code discount) = $10.90.

In the second case, your referral fee is $97 (referral fee) - $50 (cash disount you gave) - $15 (feature discount you gave) = $32 (just like wholly said)

Extra lifetime domain and $82 off with code [color=#CC0000]1DOM82[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. More Dreamhost coupons

Bottom line is that the total benefit cannot exceed $97.

It either goes to a max $50 discount and extra services or the remainder goes into the code creator’s account.

No, they won’t send you a bill for someone using your code.

Wholly - Use promo code WhollyMindless for full 97$ credit until 12/11/07.