Corrupt db : panel won't let me add domains

Hello I’m a returning customer. When I go to setup domains in the webpanel I get this message.

“The domain nameofdomain.com* is already set up! If you want to edit the various hosting services for webu.nu, you can do so from the Manage sub-tab.”

I get a similar message for all the domains I previously had hosted with DH

THEY DON’T SHOW UP ON THE ‘MANAGE’ SUB_TAB THOUGH
(apologies for shouting! I’m in a panic!)

Anyone know a quick way around this. I’ve already contacted support but that could be a 24hr wait(?) and I’ve already updated the dns on a lot of domains to dreamhost and need them set up asap.

Thanks

*made up name obviously!

[quote]“The domain nameofdomain.com* is already set up! If you want to edit
the various hosting services for webu.nu, you can do so from the Manage sub-tab.”

[/quote]

What the message fails to say is that that Manage sub-tab may NOT be the Manage sub-tab of the current account, or indeed any of the current WedID.

[quote]HEY DON’T SHOW UP ON THE ‘MANAGE’ SUB_TAB THOUGH
Anyone know a quick way around this.

[/quote]

Look under all Accounts listed under Active Account (sic) on the left of the panel. Else look under any alternative WebIDs you have. The WHOIS data may remding you which. Else I suggest you ask Support to tell you which Accouint and WedID the domains are under.

thanks chris!

I’m still using the same webID so it’s like a throwback to when I was previously with DH. They just need to delete any data from the last time I was with them imho.

Anyway hopefully it’ll be resolved soonish.

cheers

[quote]I’m still using the same webID

[/quote]

That’s mysterious.

[quote]They just need to delete any data from the last time I was with them imho.

[/quote]

That fact the domains are not on your panel does strongly indicate there is nothing do delete.

Perhaps some other user has put your domains on his panel? As far as I can tell trhe panel allows anyone to do this to another’s domain - it doesn’t verify authority/ownership of the domain.

I know no way of the legit owner getting confimration - DNS cannot be relied on - short of asking DH.

I suspect it’s due to me being a returning customer.

we shall see

thanks again

Well, if you returned under the same WebID, which retained the same account, then in essence you never went away!

[quote]we shall see

[/quote]

Indeed!