Copy/Move files between domains?

I am currently uploading some installation packages to one of my domains and am curious as to how to copy files between domains on my account. I attempted FXP’ing but it appears Dreamhost doesn’t support this approach.

Does anyone have some advice for copying files between domains (on same account) or is it a case that I need to upload everything on an individual basis or use get commands or curl from the shell of each domain?

Maybe it’s staring at me in the Panel but I have a cPanel background lol.

If by “same account,” you mean same user, then logging into Shell can do it:
cd ~/DOMAIN2
cp -R ~/DOMAIN1/SOURCE_DIRECTORY

That’ll copy the source directory and its contents into your domain2 directory. You can type ‘man cp’ to get more info on how it works.

-Scott

Thanks Scott.

Following up along those lines, I can enter domain directories from home with a user I created but an ls within the home directory throws me a permission denied (I have to remember what they’re named or I’m stuck!). Additionally I can enter some domain folders, but not others. I am sure I followed the same process on each when setting them up. The extra security setting on them is disabled in the Panel.

Shouldn’t there have been a root user created for my account when I signed up that has full privs on home and can view everything contained within it? If not, do I need to get Support to create one for me?