Cool new promo codes!

Wow, this is cool! The new promo codes from the newsletter let you give away more disk space or bandwidth, along with free domain registrations and Unique IPs. What do you guys all think? (You can check out mine below)

Promo codes: Double your [color=#CC0000]disk space[/color] or [color=#0000CC]bandwidth[/color] use [color=#CC0000]2XDISK[/color] or [color=#0000CC]2XBANDWIDTH[/color], [color=#CC0000]30% more disk and bandwidth, $40 off[/color] use [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

Yeah it’s great but it can be confusing, there is thousands possibility.

Most people prefer to pay less, than have more bandwidth or space (there is already a lot disk/BW in DH).

However, multiple ip & domains is great.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

I think the best thing about is that, if someone I knew wanted to get an account, and they needed two domains, I could easily give it to them for free. Same with IP Addresses. It makes Dreamhost an even easier sell to people wondering where to host.

Promo codes: Double your [color=#CC0000]disk space[/color] or [color=#0000CC]bandwidth[/color] use [color=#CC0000]2XDISK[/color] or [color=#0000CC]2XBANDWIDTH[/color], [color=#CC0000]30% more disk and bandwidth, $40 off[/color] use [color=#CC0000]THEFULLMONTY[/color]

Do we get the 97 discount using promo code 2XDISK? The bandwidth is interesting.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Dude, that is one confusing signature line. :wink:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

No, each 10% extra disk space/bandwidth ‘costs’ the promo-code creator $9 from their rewards payment, so it is impossible to offer a $97 discount AND a 100% disk bonus.

Of-course, you’d already know this if you had read the newsletter or the information on the promo-code creation page in the panel. :stuck_out_tongue:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Just check the new promo code policy. It is sometimes confusing.

Let’s make it clear. You either want the space and bandwidth, or the money discount.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Yeah, the new system will be somewhat confusing at first, but I think it will provide a lot of versatility for those of us who refer others to DreamHost.

Well, you can offer a combination of cash discount and feature bonuses, but each feature bonus that you offer with a particular promo-code will reduce the overall maximum cash discount that you can offer with that promo-code.

For example; If you offer a 20% bandwidth bonus, since each 10% reduces your rewards payment by $9, this will reduce the maximum discount you can offer with that promo-code by $18, from $97 to $79.

Another example; You could create a promo-code that offers 50% bonus disk space (cost: 5x9=$45) and 50% bonus bandwidth (cost: 5x9=$45), this would reduce the maximum cash discount that you could offer to $7.

Of-course, you can also provide extra ‘free lifetime domain’ registrations and ‘lifetime unique IPs’, but these also reduce the maximum cash discount that can be offered by that particular promo-code.

Mark

This is indeed cool. At least there is a variation rather than everyone giving the same old $97 discount. I have just created a few. Check out those by following the link in my signature. However, it seems that it have some issues to be solved:

1. The web panel now features a “Edit” button for promo code but it simply shows you the promo code’s discount (which is great!) cause promo codes can’t be deleted nor edited. The problem is that it only shows the cash discount (the old $97) and doesn’t show the feature bonus.
  2. I tested my promo code by trying to sign up. Yes, it writes the promo code and my description on the next page but it says something like “Gives you a bonus:” and nothing underneath.

Check Out [color=#CC0000]DreamHost Promo Codes[/color]

Hmmm… perhaps the new system isn’t quite fully functional yet. I think I will wait until the dust settles before I create any ‘feature bonus’ promo-codes.

Mark

I like it. Smart move on DH’s part.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I’m not sure whether this move is based on customer’s need. But we can tell that DH is doing something, doing something to make it grows. :wink:

I agree, very good marketing move in my opinion.

Web Hosting Reviews | Get Around The Net Directory

Agreed. Hope that DreamHost will finalize the system pretty soon!

That’s crazy.

Wholly - IS NOT MY PROMO CODE. Even worse, I don’t get any credit for it. Use WhollyMindless for full credit. I’m really disappointed in someone.

I think its a shame really. The bonus of extra IP or domain is potentially worth a lot of money for customers - yet there’s no option for existing customers to purchase ‘lifetime’ IPs or domains.

Dreamhost Webhosting SAVE97 - To save the maximum possible amount on any plan at sign-up!

agree. The “lifetime” IP or domain is the only one interesting me.

There is a lifetime IP one? I must have missed it.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

Hope DreamHost comes up with a Wiki article or something to explain all this after they finalize the system.

I don’t think the new system is particularly complex. You just have to remember that everything you offer with your promo-code has a ‘cost’, and you have a total of $97 to ‘spend’ when creating your promo-code.

Mark