Cookie directory?

I am working with a web developer to make an application for my site. The application needs to set a cookie on the server. And he is asking what the cookie directory path is. I don’t see it, can anyone point me in the right direction?

You could create one.

e.g. HOME/user/cookies

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Thanks. I assume it would have to have the correct permissions?

Also I noticed you have something about ioncube in your signature line. I’m working on that right now as well. I have the download of the loader from the link in your sig, but I have a question. I already have a cgi folder in my site folder. And it has a pho wrapper and php.ini file in it. Will the ioncube loader overwrite that file? If so, what is the best way to install ioncube loader?

If you create the directory over SFTP the permissions should be fine (chmod 700 or 750).

The ionCube installer will rewrite your php.ini so if you have any custom edits within it you will need to include them after you run the installer. Considering you’ve already used a wrapper you should also check your .htaccess file to ensure it has been edited correctly as well and that no traces of the old directives are left. It might help to set the domain to use regular CGI within Panel before running the script (the installer sets the domain up to use a custom FastCGI).

After making changes to your php.ini, run the shell command touch dispatch.fcgi in your cgi-bin folder so that the server reloads the dispatcher, then check phpinfo() to make sure everything is as you want it.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Permissions are generally correct by default. As long as you’ve turned on Enhanced Security for that user in the DreamHost panel, you should be ok.

-Scott