Controlling multiple accounts from DH2 panel?

With the DH1 admin panel I was able to switch users to another domain I maintain (different server, different domain, different username) using the pop-up menu in the upper right-hand corner. I can’t seem to find this capability in the new DH2 panel. Am I missing it, or is it missing???

-Mike

Hi Mike

Try sending Tech Support a suggestion on:

https://panel.dreamhost.com/?tab=home&subtab=sugg

Wil

In DH2 you can tie all your accounts together and then switch between them using the list along the left hand side of the page… if your accounts aren’t currently tied together, just write into tech support and let them know you’d like it all together.

josh!

Hi, Josh…

You jotted:

[quote]In DH2 you can tie all your accounts together and then
switch between them using the list along the left hand
side of the page… if your accounts aren’t currently
tied together, just write into tech support and let them
know you’d like it all together.

[/quote]

Interesting…

I did not know that. </Johnny Carson>

So… Is this “account tying” coming soon to a control panel near me, so’s I don’t have to bug the admins?

…Bob

Actually…

I realized you can already just do it yourself!

log in to the account you want to share access to, go to the home tab, “account privileges” sub-tab and hopefully the directions from there will be (somewhat) clear!

josh!

Ah-HA!

Thanks for that… I hadn’t explored that sub-tab. I checked out he “Need help?” link from there to the kbase. I love the fact that access for various functions are separated.

I see that users for my various accounts all show up in the popup menu… One of the things I was confused about for a while was when I would set up an email address, not all of my users would appear in the list field for where to forward mail. But when I performed that function again more recently, I saw all the users there. I take it that was a bug that has been fixed. I also really appreciate the addition of the username beside the meaningless mbox numbers in that field; makes the task a ton easier!

Thanks again…

…Bob W.