Control Panel is very Slow

Clicking on a link or submitting a form in the control panel is extremely slow. At times, it’s almost unusable. The pages load, and the forms get submitted eventually, but it can take five minutes.

I’m glad I have not had any big reconfig or setup jobs lately where I have had to change a lot of settings, because it would take many hours at the rate it refreshes.

I’m sitting here right now waiting for a mail-edit page to load.

[quote]Clicking on a link or submitting a form in the control panel is extremely slow. At times, it’s almost unusable. The pages load, and the forms get submitted eventually, but it can take five minutes.

I’m sitting here right now waiting for a mail-edit page to load.[/quote]
There’s a reason for your difficulty. The status page is currently reporting problems with the central database. I’ve noticed that DreamHost are a lot more on the ball than they used to be about reporting outages, and it is always worth checking dreamhoststatus.com for news.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

It’s been like this for days… maybe weeks. But, thanks, I will wait for that report to go away and then complain again. I don’t have much faith that they will fix it because it’s sort of always been this way, it’s just worse lately. It’s gone from annoying-slow to almost-unusable. But, there’s always hope.

Well it’s running just fine at the moment. I’m not sure what your problem is - I use the Control Panel on a daily basis, and I have not experienced the kind of difficulties that you seem to be experiencing. Could it be a regional difficulty?

another data point:
panel.dh.com is unreachable at some moment…!!!

Not exactly sure what you mean. If you are saying that the Control Panel is down, I can reach it just fine. It has been a bit sluggish today, but I assume that is related to the database problems reported earlier.