Control Panel glacially slow today?

I’ve been in trying to make changes and it sometimes takes 3-5 minutes(!) for a page to load.

Very frustrating. The server I’m working on is “achilles.dreamhost.com”.

Seems even the public Dreamhost pages are slow too. Is there some system wide problem they haven’t reported yet. It’s been this way for the last 2 hours at least (7 AM to 9 AM EST).

Thanks!

I’ve noticed this as well. Almost everything on the dreamhost.com domain is crawling along.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

HA HA HA! Now I just have to figure out what I did to rack-up the MAX multiplier…this post made my day! (I’m easy to please)

–rlparker

I’m on achilles as well. I can’t get into my control panel at all. I’m in the middle of a switch to Dreamhost, and this does not bode well…

peerless,

I was not meaning to make light of the slowness problem (especially frustrating if you are new user trying to set things up!), I was just laughing at Ardco’s “tongue-in-cheek” post. No offense was intended, and I’m sorry if I sounded insensitive to the pain a slow control panel can cause. PAX!
–rlparker

rlparker, that’s totally okay. I was not offended so don’t worry about it!

By the way, the control panel seems back to normal for me. At the moment. :slight_smile:

–Colin

The Control Panel does seem to be working a little better, but everything is still geologically slow - particularly this forum.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

Yes, I noticed ecruciatingly slow reponse from the control panel today, as did other users, the forums still seem sluggish. I picked a bad day to run script upgrades. But, managed to get them done… somehow. :slight_smile: