Control panel & Bandwidth

hi,

did we get control panel for each sites? did we get nameservers our own? can we have a control of bandwidth to each sites which we host on dream host.

can i run php scripts well here? few guys posted in this forum that html sites were be good here.

plz clarify my doubts.

Hi there!

You get one control panel but you can grant privileges to a new web id from the panel > billig > Account Privileges. I haven’t used that but if I haven’t got it wrong, you can user that to add more panels if you need. I might be wrong on that one.

These are the nameservers used by DreamHost:
ns1.dreamhost.com 66.33.206.206
ns2.dreamhost.com 66.201.54.66
ns3.dreamhost.com 66.33.216.216

You can setup bandwidth throttling from the status section of the panel for each individual domain and subdomain.
Wiki entry

[quote] can i run php scripts well here? few guys posted in this forum that html sites were be good here.
[/quote]
PHP works fine. Both PHP 4 and PHP 5. You can setup each domain and subdomain on individual settings regarding which version of PHP you want to use.

The Dreamhost control is different in design and function than cPanel or other commonly encountered Control Panels. You get a Control Panel for your account, from there you can assign Control Panel privileges to additional users on your account.

I’m not sure what you mean by this, but you can customize DNS records for your domains.

Yes.

Yes. How “well” they run, of course, is very much dependent on how well they are coded. Certain PHP functions are disabled on shared servers for security purposes.

There is a great deal of this kind of information available on the Dreamhost Wiki

–rlparker