Content Management - help please

software development

I have tried all sorts of Content Management solutions, PHP with MySQL, PHP with flat files…nothing seems to work…I just want to have a little site for downloading some themes…no biggie…any ideas on a workable solution?

well there bob, how about this:
if its’ that easy, I will gladly pay you the outrageous sum of one dollar per minute for your massive coding skills.
just whip it together (something on the lines of www.velocityart.com or dezina.com), upload it, I will gladly beta it, and when we are sure it works I will send you 21 bucks?
sound good?

now, if there are any usable suggestions, I would just looooove to hear them.
especially if you can explain this:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/.eccentric/yama/lisa-ray.net/current/parser/parser.php on line 8

Warning: Failed opening ‘include/default.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.eccentric/yama/lisa-ray.net/current/parser/parser.php on line 8

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: defaults in /home/.eccentric/yama/lisa-ray.net/current/parser/parser.php on line 9

well, there ard, I am just so impressed…really I am.
but 1.8 megs is way out of the question.
again, I would rather have an answer as to why I got:

Warning: open_basedir restriction in effect. File is in wrong directory in /home/.eccentric/yama/lisa-ray.net/current/parser/parser.php on line 8

Warning: Failed opening ‘include/default.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.eccentric/yama/lisa-ray.net/current/parser/parser.php on line 8

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: defaults in /home/.eccentric/yama/lisa-ray.net/current/parser/parser.php on line 9

in the 300k file than a smudge on the face wiht a 2 meg program.

seriously, tho, if you seemed just a bit nicer, I probably would just damn well hire you, but man, you seem to have a mean edge on you that a Dremmel wouldn’t smooth, and I wouldn’t touch you with a ten foot pole…

I hope you’re nicer to the peopel you meet in real life.

Sorry Bob,
my offer has been mooted by the Dreamhost Support staff.

I guess I will have to be a sit down guy.
no 21 bucks…sorry.

In answer to my own question, shoudl anyone ever wnat to know…it takes a while for the database names to propagate…

time the great healer.

(you do seem much nicer now bob…are those chill pills Wellbutrin by any chance? - sincerely tho…the challenge was inspirational, I thank you for that)

yknow, bob, any adult would know that was sarcasm up there. it’s interesting “chatting” with you, BUT, your attempts to bully a little girl because of my comments in here are Beneath Contempt.

Sending threatening e-mail to a little girl you dont’ even know is low, oh so very very low. Is that how they teach you to behave towards women down thar in Tennessee?

Would 21 dollars double your yearly income or something? Need it to get the dog out of jail? New tire for the state capital building? Or just never seen that much money in one place?

Take the other half of that chill pill. Seriously.

Closing this thread. I’d appreciate it if people kept this kind of stuff limited to email.

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin