Contact Support

Greetings
Well, Analysing the forum i noticed that i had yell here to get the attention i want from the contact team… ( http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=curious&Number=57322&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&part= )

:stuck_out_tongue:

Need a fast awnser, Thanks :slight_smile:

Um… what exactly is the question? :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

well the question was…

Can you host business pages? i mean… hosting business and other kind of serviçes that works with money… (i have my company registered)

Does it as Cpanel or other thing similar?

Are the prices of each plan fixed?

ps: I had another questions inside the contact form i sent but this ones are the important ones i can wait for the others…

Thanks for your support :wink:

Well firstly, I am not from DreamHost support, but, since this is primarily a customer to customer support forum, I will do my best to answer your questions.

Yes absolutely. In fact, you can host anything you desire as long as the content is legal according to the laws of the United States.

DreamHost does not use cPanel. They use a custom written admin panel that, in my opinion, is superior to cPanel. If you are coming from a cPanel based host, you may have a little difficulty becoming accustomed to the DreamHost panel, but after a while you will appreciate the extra functionality provided.

Yes. If you sign-up for a plan at a particular price, that price will remain unchanged for as long as you maintain that plan. Also, you will receive any increases to storage space and bandwidth that may be added to your plan during your time here.

edit: Just to add to the above; If your plan price decreases during your time here, you will be able to move to the new lower price.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

humm okay…
Thanks for your support :wink:

by the way… i see this hosting company has a great story… but is it safe?
i mean… usually(on my country) we see little kids running servers and 1 year later… server closed …

No problem, I am always glad to help where I can :slight_smile:

I don’t think you need to worry about that with DreamHost. They have been in the hosting business since 1997, an eternity in Internet time :slight_smile: I believe they currently host more than 300,000 domains, so they are a fairly large player.

Mark

yes hehe almost when internet first appeared :slight_smile:

once again Thanks for your support you are a great help to DreamHost i see :slight_smile:

Good Luck

Yep, and there are customers that frequent these forums that have been hosting with them for most of that time, so they must be doing something right :slight_smile:

Once again, you are more than welcome :slight_smile:

For more information about how DreamHost does things be sure to check out the DreamHost wiki and the DreamHost blog. The blog in particular is always a good read.

Mark

You are completely safe with DreamHost. There aren’t many webhosters with so many clients like them.
And even so, I find their support team to be really quick. All the questions I sent them were replied very quickly.

Vilela, hum, portuguese name. Portugal or Brasil? Most companies you see are just resellers. They don’t have their own servers. DreamHost is a real webhosting company :slight_smile:

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

Note - not everyone here is always happy. Some people find that support is sometimes slow (especially when it’s backed up) but all of these are to be expected. With the number of machines/domains supported, it’s going to be a huge task.

They just recently hired some more support help.

Just know that MANY are happy and silent and a few are understandably unhappy as things aren’t going as they would like.

Wholly

That’s one for the sig’ line for a while. :slight_smile:

They recently hired more support help.
DreamHost Customers wiki And Forum

Given the current queue, it might be time to consider a few more.

I’m one of the happy ones and don’t have too many issues and all of the support requests I’ve entered have been addressed within 24 hours. But based on the bitching and moaning some people do I guess I’m one of the lucky ones.

Wholly

humm thanks for all your given awnsers! Im just trying to know a little more this Hosting Company, so i can trust all the team.
"Respect"
Yup, Portugues name indeed. :wink:

i have another question …
On the Plans page it says i can pay mounthly… but when i get at payement page… i see

New Charge: $1534.80 (2 years of L4.)
Due Now: $1534.80

that isnt mounthly payement is it?

Thank you all

[quote]New Charge: $1534.80 (2 years of L4.)
Due Now: $1534.80

that isnt mounthly payement is it?[/quote]
If you wish to pay monthly, you need to select the correct billing period on the sign-up page.

In the section titled “Automatically rebill me:”, select “once a month. ($49.95 set up fee.)”.

Edit: oh yeah, be sure to use a promo-code when you sign-up and save yourself some cash. You’ll find many $97 codes around the forum, just pick one and go with it :slight_smile: I should point out that the max promo-code discount for monthly payments on the L1, L2 and L3 plans is somewhat less than $97, but I think the full $97 discount is available on the monthly L4 plan.

Mark

Those $1534.80 is for the 2 years of L4. The monthly bill for L4, without the pre-payment 20% discount is $79.95

But remember that you can pay for 1 or 2 years, but if in 97 days you aren’t happy with the service you can ask for a full refund (except any domain registrations).

DreamHost $97 discount code: 97promo «« Check other codes on DreamHost97.com
:slight_smile: All money from 90promo was given to Santa’s Helpers Charity :slight_smile:

wow! I realize that L4 plan has heaps of space & bandwidth, but does anyone really need any more than the L3 plan? $19.95/m vs $79.95/m is a big difference.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)