Connection Dropped by imap-server

I’m receiving this error message whenever I try to login into webmail for my site:

ERROR:
ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server.

I have checked my user configuration and everything seems fine. I’ve been able to access e-mail in the past, but I haven’t seen anything that would explain this issue.

Any ideas?

Happened to me a week or two ago. The IMAP server was unavailable for about four hours straight.

Support response was that “the server is experiencing high load” and that it’d eventually become available again. Which of course it did, after four hours. I suggested adding capacity to the server, but that part was politely shrugged off :slight_smile:

Just to clarify: during this four-hour blackout the webmail didn’t work either because it couldn’t connect to the IMAP server.

We’re now going on day 2 where my e-mail is totally inaccessible from webmail, and I have not heard a peep from DH support. No annoucements of outages or anything, and I’m starting to get a little nervous. I don’t have any e-mail users (yet), but I’m wondering if this is the exception, or the rule? Seems a little unfair to offer a service that’s unavailable!

Same experience here FWIW, before I gave up and switched to POP3. Why this is more reliable, I don’t know.

[quote]I have not heard a peep from DH support. No annoucements of outages or anything,

[/quote]

Par for the course, lately :frowning: