Connecting to MySQL

I am having trouble getting my form information to dump into my sql database. The database is at phpmyadmin website. I open it and it is there, but no information goes into it.

Any good sites I can learn from? I tried the MySQL manual and it makes absolutely no sense to me.

Any pointers from those who have gone before?

Here is some of my code from the respective page. I am trying to create a registration page which can authenticate users for a “paying members only” portion of the site.

thanks in advance:)

*First Name
*Middle Initial
*Last Name

*Employee Number

(this will be your login)

*Password (your choice)
*Retype Password

*Email address

(cannot be an ASD email)

Sounds me to you don’t have the faintest idea as to what’s really required when working with databases.

phpMyAdmin is just a web frontend created to allow easy administrations of MySQL databases. It doesn’t have anything to do with the scripts /you/ write.

You need a crash course in PHP/MySQL useage:

Once you understand that, check out the Wiki:
And a page I found with a lot of info:

yerba# rm -rf /etc

You’re right, I don’t have a clue. I am also working in DreamWeaver on a Mac OS 10.3.

I’m working from a book on using PHP in Dreamweaver, but it has a lot of holes and leaves you hanging if something goes wrong.

I read through the tutorials, but they seem more for PC.

Any good sites on PHP for macs or dreamweaver in particular?

No. But programming is not platform dependant. As a matter of fact, Macs are better suited to most tutorials than PCs because of OSX’s Unix backend.

You want to learn PHP through PHP tutorials, NOT through Dreamweaver tutorials. Look at the sites I’ve linked. Start off using a text editor, honestly. Get to know the language. should be in a quick link. :wink:

You’re trying to jump a gap. Dreamweaver isn’t kiddy proof, it still does require some general knowledge to get it working. If you need a functional site quickly, I’d recommend looking into some CMS’s – Content Management Systems. Or you can go on the next looking for scripts others have written to install on your site.

It’s really a choice between two routes:

• Take the time to learn how PHP works.
  • Or install prebuilt scripts onto your site.
    Take your pick.

yerba# rm -rf /etc

Okay, it’s starting to make sense. I’ll try the text editor route. I’d perfer to understand it so that I can fix my own errors.

I’ll check out your links and wade through it one step at a time.

Thanks for your help,