Connect a Dreamhost Domain to another website

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.

I already have a website hosted by Dreamhost, but we are wanting to connect another that we have created on a template building website (allyou.net). On this website, we are not able to use a custom domain, but they said we can connect it through another provider through DNS server somehow… Is this straight forward/possible? And if so, how can it be done? I’m pretty useless at all things web, so please keep that in mind when explaining to me!
We are wanting a .com.au domain - so can we register is somewhere else and have Dreamhost host it?

Also, will Dreamhost charge us for this?

Also wondering if we can create an email address from the new domain?

Cheers

Sorry to hear that there is some confusion regarding the matter! Yes you would need to register a new domain through us but it is only $10 for a whole year! (Hoping that’s inside your price range)
Once that is done is just a matter of logging into your Panel
1.Click the Add New Domain/Sub Domain button in the Manage Domains portion of the control panel.
2.Scroll down to the Redirect section.
3.Enter in the new domain or sub domain that you’d like to redirect elsewhere in the Domain to redirect: field.
4.Enter in the URL that you’d like this new domain or sub domain to redirect to in the Redirect to URL: field. Remember the trailing slash (/).
5.Click the Redirect this domain now! button to complete the process and set this up.

If there is anything else I can help with let me know!

I reread you post and realized I misunderstood you so I apologize!
Unfortunately, we don’t offer .com.au so yes you can register somewhere else and point the name servers to us. You can also host the site and DNS with us.
Also, we won’t charge you for it as long as you already have a hosting plan with us! You can add as many domains as you like!
You can also create an email for the new domain with us once the domain is added to your Manage Domains tab!

Sorry for the confusion! I hope this cleared it all up for you and let me know if there is anything else!