Confusion over gwen hardware problem announcement

I got an email this morning to the effect that “Your database machine “gwen” is having some harddrive problems” and that the databases are being moved to a new machine (scar).

But. I do not have any databases on gwen. According to the panel, I have databases on tiny, stimpy, luna, mau, scarlet, and flipper. But not gwen or scar.

Am I the only one getting this message out of the blue who doesn’t have a database on gwen?

I got that email also, but i’m not sure how to figure out where my databases are stored. Where in the panel would I see this information?

You’re not the only one :slight_smile:
I also got it and I don’t have any databases on Gwen.

digitalrundown.com
Promo Code: WJD97 - $97.00 off any new DreamHost plan (except month-month payments).

i’m not sure how to figure out where my databases are stored
To find out where your databases are: Log into the panel; click on “Status” then “MySQL usage”. In the “Reports by database” section, it lists which sever each database is associated with.

Thanks for the responses! I was starting to wonder if I had an imaginary database :slight_smile:

Yeah, i don’t have any databases on gwen/scar either, mine are on nala and spot

No. My databases are not on Gwen either, but I also received the email/announcements.

Mark

Save $50 on DreamHost hosting using promo code “SAVEFIFTY” ( DreamHost Promo Code )

I was begining to wonder, also the latest one applies not to me also, strange

I also got the Soto one and another Gwen one. Something is borked!

digitalrundown.com
Promo Code: WJD97 - $97.00 off any new DreamHost plan (except month-month payments).

Yep, got another gwen message and one about soto here, too.

I think it’s time for me to write support and make sure they know this is going on. I don’t need the shock of getting messages about services being disabled and machines being moved to new IPs before I’ve had my morning coffee and woken up enough to realize the message doesn’t apply to me!

I am getting these announcements and am also confused, as I didn’t recognize either of these server names. But, I am also having trouble with some of my domains. Had a confirmed downtime yesterday and intermittent problems with another domain today… So, I think I am being affected by this somehow…

The word from support is this:

Feh. (They might consider wording things differently so as not to confuse the folks it doesn’t apply to?)