Confusing error messages

It’s bad enough that one of my sites is down with a 403 forbidden error:
"You don’t have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

But when I put my ticket in to Support after a few minutes I got the message: “Please note: These tracked outages have been reported by customers like you and the status is not automatically updated by our system.”

The status was unverified and this message occurred about 30 minutes after it was logged as reported.

My issue is that when a site is actually down, and it is a public, working site, it would be helpful to have some more information or actual reassurance that it is being worked on by support. There has been nothing, of course, in the DreamHost Status, which is the first place I went.

I hate to be cranky about this, but when I looked at the Wiki and saw that there were no helpful messages for this, I also noticed the date of the last revision…

It’s a bad situation and I don’t have a clue about what is going on, whether a human being has paid attention, etc. Not a good thing.

shirson

Did you check on your server to see if you have a .htaccess file? You would need to make sure your ftp client allows you to see hidden files.

Just a quick thought. good luck