Config file that calls sql database giving error

I have a config file that accesses the mysql databae. The sql username, password, host are all stored inside. Yet I think my queries are having problems being run. I’m getting the following error when i try to load my website. I’m using a jaws-cms and migrated all the code from my localhost and such:

MDB2 Error: insufficient permissions : _doquery: [Error message: Could not select the database: [my_db] Last executed query: SET NAMES ‘UTF8’] [Native code: 1044] [Native message: Access denied for user ‘[my_user_name]’@xxxxxxxx/xxxxxx’ to database [my_db]]

any idea as to what i should be looking for? I know I’m suppose to enable the Panel so that the config file can log in using my user name and password. not sure what i should be doing here, though.

Make sure the user has permissions set correctly for that database.

[color=#0000CC]Goodies > Manage MySQL[/color] and check the user with access.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

everything seems good.

All are checked…

what should be inside of the allowable hosts table? Note that the location of the config file is at mydomain.com/htdocs/config/config.php

A wildcard : %.dreamhost.com

You can add more to that table for outside access.

Might be the DBuser has glitched out somehow. You could try creating a new DBuser by clicking the Add A User button next to the database in question and use the new user’s details in your config.php

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Can you log into it with phpMyAdmin? There’s a link in the Panel under Goodies -> Manage MySQL

-Scott

I solved the problem guys-the database name is case sensitive, which doesn’t seem to be the case in localhost.

Thanks!