Compiling php5

software development

Hello, I’m trying to compile php5 going by the instructions at
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Installing_PHP5
but when I run the script I get the following error at the end
/home/bbradley/php/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to xmlModuleClose' /home/bbradley/php/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference toxmlModuleOpen’
/home/bbradley/php/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to xmlModuleSymbol' collect2: ld returned 1 exit status make: *** [sapi/cgi/php] Error 1 cp: cannot stat/home/bbradley/php/bin/php’: No such file or directory
---------- INSTALL COMPLETE! ----------

And it didn’t put the php.cgi file in my cgi-bin. Can somebody help me figure out what’s wrong?

Despite the fact that it said install complete, by the looks of that, php never even installed.

Fix your error with libxslt, and try again.

do you know what the problem might be?

I just signed up to migrate my site to DH and I’m having the same problems compiling PHP 5 that you did bradww. Did you get that figured out? I followed the note about enable_ltdl_install on the wiki and still I’m getting exactly the same error that you did

/home/me/php/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to xmlModuleClose' /home/me/php/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference toxmlModuleOpen’
/home/me/php/lib/libxslt.so: undefined reference to `xmlModuleSymbol’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sapi/cgi/php] Error 1

no I haven’t. I even contacted support and they won’t help you compile it which puts me in a predicament because I need to change a couple of things in the php.ini file. Let me know if you figure it out.

I just backed down and compiled php4 instead… which worked well so far. Once I’ve got my site fully migrated I’m going to take a harder look at that install script and try to locate the problem. php5 is a non-starter right now though.

hi, I did the same thing and I put the maximum upload file size to 299M but it only lets me upload up to 2M. Like it’s not seeing my setting. Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?