Community Portal?

Just wondering if Dreamhost host any community portal site that has 10k subscribers or more ? If so, how they manage the load since it is on a shared host ? Does the site required to change to dedicated server plans ?

Regards,

Dino

Get YOUR $97 off with [color=#CC0000]YOUGET97 [/color] promo code. Sign Up NOW

wow… no reply at all ?

just wondering, because dreamhost offer so much space that it can be to create a small portal which can pass 10,000 subscribers easily.

Regards,

Dino

shall we ask DH support?

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

Dino, what webapp are you intending to use for your portal? How active are your users?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I’m in development stage which will be a marketplace site, something like http://www.itrademarket.com/ , I think the site already has thousands of subsribers considering the amount of products displaying there. And as it is a marketplace site which has forums inside them I think the activities will be very frequent.

Regards,

Dino

So you’re writing it yourself in php? Do you have any idea how many page views per minute/hour/day you’ll have to support?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Yes, but I don’t write it from scratch… currently I’m developing it under a framework (cakephp). If it is getting popular I might come to an idea of 10,000 page hits per day.

Any suggestion for me ?

Regards,

Dino