Comcast and AOL

Now that the AOL problem has been fixed, has DH done anything about the Comcast problem? I note that they did NOT turn off forwarding mailing list messages to Comcast as they had announced. I also noticed that emails to my mailing list are indeed being forwarded to the list members who have Comcast email addresses,

Anyone know what’s going on?

Wish I knew. After reporting to six committee mailing lists that I could no longer guarantee mail from Comcast being delivered, messages now appear to be going through. One of the list members complained to Comcast through Investor Relations and received a reply from Comcast indicating that the IP she reported has been unblocked.

To clarify something here, discussion lists and announcement lists are not effected. This only effects actual email alises you’ve set up that are designed primarily for one-way communication. If you’re actually refering to the more one-way forwarding of the email aliasing kind, then… I dunno. Possibly they forgot? They did say September 6, but then all hell broke loose.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

AOL was not affected for discussion lists, but Comcast was - based on all the bouncing email I got, the complaint mail from list subscribers, etc.

Well, once the block was put in place, yeah, any email sent from the effected DH IP(s), be they discussion lists or not, would have bounced back to you. But what DH was talking about disabling are the email aliases that forward mail one way to one or more addresses.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?

Right you are. I interpreted the original question as primarily about the status of the block, but that may have been because that was my own concern.