Combining .htaccess

design

Hello,

I’ve got a site on DH and am having an issue with .htaccess files.

I’ve developed this site using a PHP framework called CodeIgniter which uses mod_rewrite as so:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine on RewriteBase / RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|public|user_guide|robots\.txt) RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L] </IfModule> Which works fine.

However I also want to use a PHP wrapper to use my own custom php.ini like so:

<IfModule mod_actions.c> Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi </IfModule> If I try either of these as the .htaccess they work - however I would like both of them, so I combined them into one .htaccess file like so:

[code]
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi
Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi

Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine on RewriteBase / RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|public|user_guide|robots\.txt) RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L] [/code]But I always get a 500 error from the server when the .htaccess file is like that.

Does anyone know what I’m doing wrong? Why do they work individually, but not combined?

Have you tried it adding a handler in mod_actions.c?

AddHandler php-cgi .php
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php.cgi

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Hmm - just tried adding the handler as you suggested, it didn’t appear to make a difference.

I’ve also just worked out where DH stores my logs and found the error log:

Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.Is the combination of the two sets of directives causing an infinite loop?

I’ve managed to solve it like this:

[code]
Action php-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi
Action php5-cgi /cgi-bin/php-wrapper.cgi

Options +FollowSymLinks RewriteEngine on RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{ENV:REDIRECT_STATUS} 200
RewriteRule .* - [L]

RewriteCond $1 !^(index.php|public|stats|user_guide|robots.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php/$1 [QSA,L]

[/code]