Collecting contributions

I thought I found information somewhere about being able to place a script on my website that allowed people to donate money to pay for my hosting service with Dreamhost.

The contribution would go directly to Dreamhost and be credited to my account.

Did I really see this, or, was I dreaming one night at Dreamhost?

In the control panel, under the home menu, “Donations (To You!).”

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Note that donations made through this system go directly into your DreamHost account balance (minus a 5% plus $0.30 processing fee) and can only be used for your hosting costs, which may be a good thing. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Or you can use donate with paypal
http://weblogs.about.com/od/improvingweblogs/ht/donatepaypal.htm

And then pay yourself when you need.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: choose your plan

Reminder: Adult-related sites of any kind may NOT use DreamHost Donations!

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Ty you all for providing the information so soon after posting. it is appreaciated.

“Note that donations made through this system go directly into your DreamHost account balance (minus a 5% plus $0.30 processing fee) and can only be used for your hosting costs, which may be a good thing.”

Mark,

Can this be applied to domain renewal costs and other things like unique IP costs and similar upgrades? Or, do you mean just the hosting plan?

You should be able to pay for such things via donations, as payment for these is taken directly from your account balance and I believe donations are added directly to your account balance.

But, as always, for the definitive answer it is best to ask DreamHost directly via a support request. :slight_smile:

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

This is likely to be a restriction that paypal imposes, rather than dreamhost.

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

It is stated in DH panel too. Check “Home” --> “Donations”

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].