.co.uk domain transfer from 123-reg

Hi,

First time at this so apologies if the information is somewhere. I have found a few useful threads but nothing to help resolve this issue.

I’m trying to move a domain name from 123-Reg to dreamhost. I have updated the nameservers at the registrar but if I try to transfer the domain in dreamhost I get the error message:
“Error: creativeinstincts.co.uk is a sub-domain and cannot be registered with us.”

I’ve checked with dnstools.com and the nameservers look correct as far as I can tell and the whois mentions DREAMHOST-BLK7 in the NetName so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I have created a creativeinstincts.co.uk in the dreamhost web panel but I’m not sure what else I need to do.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Rich.

The “is a sub-domain” part of the message is erroneous, but the rest (“cannot be registered with us”) is correct — we aren’t currently set up as a registrar for .co.uk domains.

Ah, not sure how I missed that. I got the impression from other posts that it is possible?

http://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-89993.html.

We can host domains just fine on .co.uk domains, but they must currently be registered with another company. You can do so by switching the nameservers on the domain to DreamHost at your current registrar (set them to: ns1.dreamhost.com, ns2.dreamhost.com, ns3.dreamhost.com), then adding the domain to your DreamHost account.

Thx, realized I just needed to wait a while. All is working great today!
Issue RESOLVED.