CName record problem

I created a CName record for blog.mymindshare.com that points to jimbursch.typepad.com per instructions from Typepad on domain mapping.

DNSstuff indicates a sever failure at Dreamhost. Am I missing something in the setup at DH?

I did not create a sub-domain for blog.mymindshare.com – should I? If so, would it be a fully hosted domain? Mirrored? Cloaked?

What you originally did seems right. And no, you can’t have any other entries for blog.mindshare.com or “DNS will get confused”. :slight_smile:

Did blog.mymindshare.com point to something else before? On my machine it resolves to 204.9.178.60 and is on a typepad server - it is a blog and has the nice yin/yang icon and says it’s the mymindshare blog.

It is different from the blog that’s at jimbursch.typepad.com.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Thanks for the reply!

Turns out it was just a propogation time thing – it’s working fine now.

Cool. What’s mymindshare.com all about, anyway? It sounds intriguing!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options