Clueless!

i am SERIOUSLY in need of help here…i’m new to this whole domain thingee and i have no idea wats going on…i registered my domain already but when i went to domain>manage to edit my domain it said

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information.

No match for “KOSSECIEN.COM”.

[/quote]

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
Registrars.

so wat does this mean?

and i also added an ‘extra user’ service, which features an ftp user and storage space and bla bla bla but i have no idea how to use them -_-;

btw…excuuuse me for behaving stupid but this is the Beginner’s Forum so… shrugs(though they should be having a beginner’s beginner forum for me =p)

Don’t panic, Joyce. internic.net’s whois is not real-time and your name (KOSSECIEN.COM) has already been registered. Use http://www.opensrs.org/cgi-bin/whois.cgi as DreamHost is using OpenSRS. As for your other queries, I’ll leave them to our “technical” peers.

jazz% whois -h whois.opensrs.net KOSSECIEN.COM
Registrant:
Joyce Oon
ang mo kio blk412 ave 10 #05-893
singapore, SG 560412
SG

Domain Name: KOSSECIEN.COM

[…]

The information will show up in other whois databases; however it takes longer to update there.

Regarding extra users, have you added the user, or just the service for an extra user? Our system can be a bit confusing at first in this regard - adding a billing service for something doesn’t always automatically add that service.

If you’ve added extra disk space, you shouldn’t have to do anything special - that will automatically be computer.

However if you haven’t actually added a username and password, but you’ve added provisions for an “extra user”, you’ll need to actually add the user under the ‘Users’ menu, the ‘users’ submenu; select ‘add new user’.

wow thanx…so does this mean i’ll have to get an ftp client or does dreamhost provide me with one?

[quote]does this mean i’ll have to get an ftp client or does dreamhost provide me with one?

[/quote]

We don’t provide you with one. In a pinch, you can use your web browser to upload files (or in Windows, use the command line client), but I’d recommend using an FTP client like WS_FTP or CuteFTP (for Windows) or Fetch (Mac).