Clarrify "Securing Mysql "

For whatever reason I can access mysql.(mydomain).com
from any IP address whatso ever, not the the limited list of IP addresses in the database security, is there any way to limit access to mysql.?? Preferablly my IP address.

Sorry, what I meant was myphpadmin lets you login via http to my mysql database. Yes my password is secure and I am using proper permissions, but I’d like limit access through myphpadmin by IP address, or deny myphpadmin access all together? Is this possible?

Not currently. I kinda wish you could - I mean, there’s no effective difference between an unACLed mysql server, and a php app that everyone has that uses the exact same authentication. The problem would mainly be that it would be somewhere beyond a royal pain in the ass to do it differently, it would probably require recoding PHPMyAdmin to accept Session IDs from the Dreamhost Panel.

I love that piece of software though. There actually is sort of a way that you can disable it. If you install ruby on rails on every single one of your sites, you mod_rewrite rules will be so incredibly foobared that PHPMyAdmin won’t work. Tech support will hate you for it though ;-).

My presence here indicates that I have failed to find amusement in ingrown toenail removal.

BTW - I didn’t mean to come across as one of those pedantic, “you asked a slightly incorrect question” assholes, I hate when people do that.

My presence here indicates that I have failed to find amusement in ingrown toenail removal.