Choir Contest Video upload

Hello, everyone. First of all let me say when it comes to website design and hosting and stuff like that, I’m a noobie. I had someone design my website for me (www.knmcc.com) and they did a wonderful job on it.

The thing is, I’d like to do a choir singing contest and have the participants enter their videos for my staff to watch and decide who the finalists will be.

Now, I know I have the storage, I just don’t know how to set up a link where they can upload their files to my site.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS? OR can you point me in the right direction?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ernie Allen

[quote=“keproductions, post:1, topic:53400”]
Hello, everyone. First of all let me say when it comes to website design and hosting and stuff like that, I’m a noobie. I had someone design my website for me (www.knmcc.com) and they did a wonderful job on it.

The thing is, I’d like to do a choir singing contest and have the participants enter their videos for my staff to watch and decide who the finalists will be.

Now, I know I have the storage, I just don’t know how to set up a link where they can upload their files to my site.

DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS? OR can you point me in the right direction?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Ernie Allen
[/quote][hr]
ANYBODY???
DOES ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE AN ANSWER???[hr]
I am soooo sorry.
I spelled my own website name wrong.
The website is www.knmcc.com
Maybe now someone can help me out.
Thanks so much in advance!!
LOL

Do you know what CMS your site uses (eg Wordpress, Drupal etc)? It’s OK if you don’t know although it might help

Your site looks like it was set up with FrontPage, or the like, so you’ll need a standalone solution. One that gets recommended often is Uber Uploader:
http://uber-uploader.sourceforge.net/

It’ll take some custom site coding to implement this, but it’ll allow people to upload files to a directory on your site.
Or, you can just let them use YouTube with private uploads (viewable by selected users only).

I don’t really know. I Do know that my website is set up under DREAMHOST.
They host my site. So i do believe I have access to all that stuff under goodies (thats what it says in my control panel).

Hope that helps[hr]

Hey, that sounds like a good idea (the you tube thing). Imma check into that.
I’m not sure what the guy used to set up my site. I DO know it cost me 3000.00.

I hope that for $3,000, he a) is available to help with updates, or b) lets you know what program he used and turns over his local development copy of your site so you can buy the same software and maintain your site.

Here’s the link to YouTube’s “How To” for private video sharing. The same page has links with upload help.
http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=157177

OMG 3k? I have a hard time getting people to pay me 500 bucks for a 5 page website. I must not be charging enough, I think the shock of such a price might compel them to pay me instead of quibbling about it. I looked at the source code of that website and it does appear it was made using frontpage. If you want a more interactive website you may just go with some sort of content management system (I can’t promote such things enough) as it is a lot easier for end users to manage and add/update new content instead of having a static website (simply using youtube would work too, nothing like free). I wonder if he would charge you to redo it if you asked for Drupal or something and to just have them make you a nice layout. All that flash everywhere is really crap. Not that I’m hating on flash like Steve Jobs or anything but nobody with the iphone/ipad/ipod touch would be able to look at it.