Chmod

lol.

Well, i made a very stupid mistake when i was trying to give another user access to a folder inside of my website. Well, i had no clue what CHMOD did, but it was mentioned under Unix Groups, so i played around with it, and now i cant remember what the settings are supposed to be set to and everyone is locked out of my website. (www.mgsvideos.com).

Can someone tell me what it needs to be set to?

Did you use numbers or letters to set your CHMOD?

From command line, it should be chmod -R u+r YOURDOMAIN.COM

This will recursively add read privileges to everything so the webserver should be able to read it.

-Scott

No, the screen looks like this:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k259/DarkZero51521/zzzzz.jpg

i just want it so that everythings set back to normal, and people can view my website freely.

A value of 644 should work for files and 755 for folders. Try not to give everone write permission unless a script needs to upload files etc. Owner can always have all 3 boxes checked.
Silk

My website

Thanks, but that’s not what im looking for. Please keep in mind that im very new at this, i don’t really know what a CHMOD is. I liked it before when I could jsut go to my FTP and browse around, and edit/add stuff. I can’t really do anything atm. I want my website to be completly unlocked so taht anybody can visit any of my pages… =\ so could you jsut tell me what boxes i need to have checked exactly, and what else i need to do in order to fix it? Lol, this might sound stupid, but simple instructions would be nice please. Thanks for taking the time to help me :slight_smile:

Nevermind, lol. I got it fixed. Thanks for the help :slight_smile: