Charging On Card

I ordered dreamhosting yesterday and it works fine, but i was looking through at the billing section and when i registered i used a promo code, in the billing section it says that $119 is the total cost

does this mean i never got the discount what the promo code gave?

Where are you looking in the panel? If you are looking at the Plans section under Billing -> Manage Accounts, then what you are seeing is the normal cost for your plan, this is what is will cost you for your renewal when it is due.

You should have seen the discounted plan cost on the second page of the sign-up process, just before making payment.

It might be worth checking your credit-card, to confirm that you did indeed obtain a promo-code discount. I believe you can also examine any payments in the panel under Billing -> View Invoices, by selecting the correct billing period and looking under the Payment section.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Thanks ! You’ve put my mind at rest there… thanks alot

sometimes this is really confusing. I was confused by the number too. But I did not worry too much because I checked the number before I entered my credit card number. I always do that :stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Ive just downloaded a pdf of the invoice, and it says ive been charged the full ammount, although when i did order it it said that the total ammount due was 22 dollars and a odd number of cents lol

I think you are misreading the invoice, it’s very easy to do. :wink:

If I select the period when I first signed-up on the View Invoice page, I also see a $119.40 ‘Charge’. However, when I look under the ‘Payments’ section, I see a $69.40 payment from my PayPal account and a $50 ‘Account Service Credit’, which is actually the discount I got from the promo-code I was given.

If you were shown $22.40 when signing-up, you can rest assured that this is the amount that DreamHost would have billed your credit-card for. It is just that the invoices are a little confusing.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

I just make sure I don’t have more than $23 on my account when they bill (j/k)

Wholly

when will i be charged… in a years time? because i chose the year plan

I would suspect that by now you should see the charge at your credit card company/bank. (assuming your account is active, DH doesn’t usually light up accounts until they are actually paid)

Wholly

OK just looked at my invoices in the web panel and it says this (link to a image)

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/8849/untitleduz8.png

I took a quick look at mine. It means you paid only 22.40 dollars. You should see the deduction on your credit card bill this month.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

That invoice basically says your credit-card has been (or will be) charged $22.40 and you have received $97 ‘Account Service Credits’, this last one represents the promo-code discount you received.

Mark

thank you :slight_smile:

You are welcome. :slight_smile:

Mark