Changing plans

Hi all,

Don’t bother to pile on here in the hopes that I’ll use your promo code because this is a question from my sister who is going to be using my promo code. :slight_smile:

My sister likes the idea of using the $97 promo code with the 1 year prepaid level 1 plan to get a year of hosting for only $23 ($9.95 a month for a year minus the $97). On the other hand, she does like the idea of saving $2 a month and going with the 2 year prepaid plan at $7.95 a month.

I recall someone mentioning that if you upgrade, they’ll credit your upgaded plan with the “leftover” funds from your previous prepaid plan.

Her question is what happens if she signs up for the 1 year prepaid plan now for $23 and then a couple of months from now “upgrades” to the 2 year prepaid plan. Is that possible? Will she start paying only $7.95 a month instead of $9.95?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

If I’m not mistaken if you take the route of upgrading after the initial sign up, you will be credited whatever amount that was paid minus however many month used, then you will pay the full amount for the 2 years, thereby losing any benefit of the promo code. There’s a fair chance I’m wrong on this, only going from a vague recollection of how it works. I guess you could always ask support for an accurate answer.

Hot Product Directory | Get Around The Net Directory

This is alarming! How would she lose the benefit of the promo code?

I checked on the DH panel and it looked to me like you got the 20% discount by switching to a new 2 year prepaid plan so I told her to go ahead and sign up for a 1 year prepaid plan. If what you say is true she’s going to kill me! :open_mouth:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

From the panel;

The way I read that you get credited the pre-payment, but since the payment was only $22.40, well I think you get the idea.

Best to contact support for an exact answer.

Hot Product Directory | Get Around The Net Directory