Changing Domain Names

Hey. I’ve been using DreamHost for about 2 years now. I have no problems with it, and want to stay. However, I want to change my domain name to something else. Is there any way to do this without having to scrap my old hosting plan and buy a whole new one?

If anyone could give me specifics, or point me in the right direction, that would be great.

You should be able to buy a new domain name (through DreamHost or someone else), make sure the name servers are correct, map it to a new folder under your account, and move (or copy) the files under your current domain to that folder.

Note that you’ll only have to pay for this new domain for the first year. After that, you can renew this domain with your annual domain credit.

In fact, if you mark the old domain as non-renewing, you’ll be able to register the new domain for free in your last month before your anniversary date. But as I said, if you want that new domain now, you can pay the $9.95 for the first year now.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts