Changing Default SquirrelMail Image

Hi,
I have a number of clients set up with SquirrelMail and loving it. As an extra service, I’d love to be able to set it up so they see their logo when they go to webmail.theirdomain.com. While the .png of the squirrel is all well and good, it’s not necessarily the image I want my clients to see. So, is this possible?

thanks,
Steve

Agree. Actually even a minimal customization would be welcome.

Nope!

It would be a serious PITA, anyway. SquirrelMail doesn’t currently allow you to customize the login screen based on what domain you’re hitting…we might be able to hack it to do this, but it would be a nasty hack.

You can always install squirrelmail yourself for one of your domains. Then you can customize to your heart’s content!

The one thing a custom squirrelmail install won’t be able to do is look up in our databases which mailbox an alias maps to (our database machines are on a separate network that’s not accessible from hosting machines). As long as people don’t mind logging in as m9374329 instead of nate@yourdomain.com it works great.

nate.

[quote]The one thing a custom squirrelmail install won’t be able to
do is look up in our databases which mailbox an alias maps
to (our database machines are on a separate network
that’s not accessible from hosting machines). As long as
people don’t mind logging in as m9374329 instead of
nate@yourdomain.com it works great.

[/quote]

This would not be too difficult a hack on the user side, either. What I’ve done is to create my own login screen which takes an username and password and looks them up against my own database to verify the user and then post the information to the SquirrelMail version currently supplied by Dreamhost.

If you look at the source of the current login page, you will note that it’s fairly easy just to copy the form elements and and create your own custom login screen. At least it’s an easy way to partially customize it …

• wil