Changed DNS.. what did i do?

so i’m a complete n00b and i dont completely understand how this works (nor do i understand this webhosting lingo) , but since i was unable to transfer my .ca domain over, i changed the DNS (i got the idea from ‘i already have a domain name…how do i transfer it to you?’ on this page http://wiki.dreamhost.com/KB_/Domains/Transfers/_Transfer_Hosting)

It says "Next you’ll need to do is modify your domain’s DNS settings. DNS is what connects your domain to our servers. It’s no problem hosting a domain with us that you registered somewhere else! "

So I did it.

Does that mean I’m now able to use my DH webspace for my non-DH domain? (I’m not too worried about screwing anything up because I don’t have anything on my site) because that’s what i’m trying to do.
If so, can someone explain where i go from there? i.e.
-what do i have to do in DH for it to acknowledge my .ca domain as mine
-which site i would use (DH or where i have my .ca) or what address i would use for my ftp when i want to update my site? i’m totally drawing a blank.

any help would be greatly appreciated :smiley:
thanks!

Well, your first step is to add the domain to your hosting account. You do this in the web panel under “Domains>Manage Domains” and you click on “Add New Domain / Sub-Domain”. You want a fully hosted domain.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

you are awesome, Lensman.

i’ve just done that, so do i go about my business as usual now?