Change to PHP include?

When I tried to access my site earlier, my browser asked if I wanted to download the page (tried it in both IE and FF). In the .htaccess file I disabled this line:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .html
Once I did that, it allowed me to view the page but the php include file is not showing.
This is the line I’ve been using for the includes:

<?php include("/home/user/mydomain.com/inc/header.htm"); It has worked up until now and is still working on several other sites I have on the same DH server. I don't understand why it would work on one site and not on another. Can anyone tell me either what I've done wrong or what has changed recently? Thanks, Hope

You need the following at the end of that php line:
?>
so you can close the PHP statement.

-Scott

Thanks. That was a typo on my part when posting the message. The ?> is at the end of the line in the actual file.

Since posting, I’ve resolved the issue. What I needed to do was change the line in .htaccess to reflect PHP 5. I just don’t understand why it is working on other sites.

Does anyone know when the servers were upgraded to PHP5?

Servers have been PHP5 for quite a long time. However, old PHP4 sites were left intact but any domains that get moved or otherwise reconfigured get bumped to PHP5.

-Scott

How can I find out if my site has been moved? It still shows iceman as the server…

To find out the PHP version a script needs to call phpversion() or you can make a script like so:

<?php phpinfo() ?>Which makes a web page that shows just about everything a developer might want to know.

Customer since 2000 :cool: openvein.org

Thanks. I did that and that’s how I discovered it was PHP5. My question is, why would it stop working if it had been working all along? I have submitted a ticket to support. Hopefully, they will clear up the mystery.

[quote]To find out the PHP version a script needs to call phpversion() or you can make a script like so:

<?php phpinfo() ?>[/quote]