Change to Happy Hosting?

So if I change my old Code Monster plan to the Happy Hosting plan in the panel, do I get to keep my increased bandwith and disk space (calculated from when I joined in 2002?)

I can’t actually remember what features I have… where are things like Static IPs in the panel now?

Yes, you will get to keep your increased bandwidth and disk space.

Do you mean the IP of your domain? If so, you can check via DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> DNS

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

You mean unique IP’s you’ve purchased, right?

You can find your usage of unique IP’s in a couple of spots. The easiest is probably in “Billing>Manage Account” where at the bottom, you’ll see a section labeled “Unique IP Addresses” and it will have “N used, M provided on this account” and also have a list of domains for which you’ve purchased unique IP addresses.

You can also probably find some information over in “Domains>Manage Domains”. That’s where you add a unique IP for your domain so I’d guess that you’d also be able to see which of your domains has a unique IP assigned to it. I haven’t purchased a unique IP so I can’t point you to exactly where it lists it over in this area.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Yep - just wasn’t sure if my plan came with any IPs. Thanks for the pointer. Looks like it doesn’t.

From what I can tell there is no disadvantage to me changing to the Happy Hosting plan…and it should be about half the price of my current one.

I think the biggest difference is that the Code Monster plan included 3 support callbacks per month. You’d have to buy that ala carte for $9.95 a month under the Happy Hosting plan.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off

Hmm…when I changed it I could have sworn that I kept my 11TB data and 3 callbacks, but now they are gone. Not a big deal as I never used even 1% of the data allowance, and have never used a callback. (I’m based in Australia so not sure how the callbacks work with timezones, toll calls and crazy accents!)

Oh well, a little lost for the savings, but it sounds like you’re happier with the Happy Hosting plan and that’s what’s important!

Ha ha ha! Yeah, those crazy accents might pose a few problems, but the biggest problem would likely be that “callbacks” are limited to U.S. based phone numbers anyway - so you won’t miss anything by not having them on your new plan.

There’s $9.95 well saved if you’re in Australia! :wink:

–rlparker