Change php setting

I need to change a setting in php, can someone tell me how to get there? I “wikied” it without any luck.

Thanks.

It depends what you want to change. Your options are basically:

1. Compile your own copy of PHP
  2. Use your own version of the php.ini file

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

Sorry I should have been more clear on what I needed. I need to enable “register_long_arrays” in PHP5

Thanks.

The only reason you might have for needing register_long_arrays is if you want to use the long deprecated $HTTP_*_VARS type predefined variables. As before, you have two choices:

1. Edit your PHP to substitute stuff like $HTTP_GET_VARS with $_GET, etc.
  2. Use your own copy of the php.ini file.

Be warned: when PHP is eventually upgraded to version 6, you will have no choice but to go for the first option. The long arrays do not exist in PHP6.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

I’ve just realized - you want this for phpAdsNew, don’t you? As was said in other thread, the new version (OpenAds) has solved this problem already and now uses the proper superglobal variables.

Simon’s website

I’m now using my own PHP.ini file, but changing the register_long_arrays directive in the file is not taking effect.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you confirmed (via phpinfo() ) that your code actually is using your new php.ini?

If so, you may have to resort to compiling your own PHP. There are some things DH does not facilitate changing via php.ini, though I don’t know if that is one of them.

Running phpinfo() should tell you for sure, as you will be able to see for sure that your changes (other than register_long_arrays) “took”.

–rlparker

[quote]I’m now using my own PHP.ini file, but changing the register_long_arrays directive in the file is not taking effect.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.[/quote]
It has already been suggested to you, twice, that you upgrade to the new version of this application (“OpenAds”) that does not rely on the long deprecated (and soon to be history) register_long_arrays. You are essentially breaking your PHP installation in order to install an out-of-date application.

Simon’s website