Change Name Servers

I want to change my name servers. I have my domain name currently parked on another hosting provider. I want to now transfer them to DH
What should be the following:
Primary Name Server:
Name Server Domain | IP Address
Secondary Name Server(s):
Name Server Domain | IP Address

NS1.DREAMHOST.COM - 66.33.206.206
NS2.DREAMHOST.COM - 66.201.54.66
NS3.DREAMHOST.COM - 66.33.216.216

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Ok… I have changed that on my last hosting providers, control panel. Settings are changed. Now I need to add the site in DH. I am into Manage Domains. And I will be pointing that another domain name to the current domain name that I am using on DH. I.e., I will Redirect it. Is it advised to create another FTP user? Is there anywhere I need to make these similar changes of Name Server on DH?

If you’re already in the manage-domains section, just fill out the two fields in the redirect box. All done! No need to create/choose users unless you’re fully hosting it.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

OK… thats done. Now I need to transfer that domain with my current account. As far as I know, if we are registered with DH, the domain name also remains to be valid and does not expire. Also that the domains that we transfer under our existing domain, they are not charged. Can someone please put some light into this?

The domain name that you register as part of the sign-up process is free for the life of the plan. That is to say, its registration renewal is covered by your plan renewal fees.

If by ‘under our existing domain’ you mean sub-domains, then yes, these are free of any registration fees.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

[quote] The domain name that you register as part of the sign-up process is free for the life of the plan. That is to say, its registration renewal is covered by your plan renewal fees.
[/quote]

Not any other domains that we transfer?
Example: I register abcd.com through DH and then transfer xyz.com
Is xyz.com also going to be renewed automatically until we are the DH customers?

No sub domains… Same above example applies here.
Am I charged for transfering xyz.com

Once the domain is transferred to DreamHost, it can be configured to renew automatically, but you will be charged a renewal fee (currently $9.95 per year) each time it is up for renewal. DreamHost plans only include one ‘free’ domain registration for the life of the plan.

Yes, as I understand it, when you transfer a domain, its registration period is automatically extended by 1 year, at a cost of $9.95.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

It should be noted that, while it would likely make things easier to manage, it’s not required that the domain be actually transfered to DH, so long as it just points to DH’s nameservers. You can keep it with your current registrar if you so choose, just make sure the above nameservers are configured wherever it is you adjust the domain’s settings with said registrar.

Yes, I have an opinion.

Get a minimum 50% off with the “haveadreamyday” promo code, and… have a dreamy day. Original, no?