Change max upload size

Hello All :slight_smile:

I have installed Owncloud and am having some issue changing the max upload file size

I added a phprc file in /.php/5.3/ with the following lines
upload_max_filesize = 500M
post_max_size = 500M

Hoping that it would change the upload file size but it didn’t and I am still stuck at 7MB for a max file upload size

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

You just need to wait for the current PHP process to timeout and restart in order for the settings to take effect. You can force a restart (if necessary) by logging into shell and typing killall -9 php53.cgi

If you require upload size to be that high it would be a good idea to investigate a method that doesn’t rely on PHP to perform the task.

Waited overnight to see if it would fix itself and no change :frowning:
Still shows 7MB for max upload

Ran killall -9 php53.cgi and it still says 7MB

Running PHP 5.3 fastcgi
Not sure of what other info would be helpful

I haven’t found anything like owncloud out there at all
so unfortunately I have to use php

Take a look at phpinfo() to double check which version of PHP the site is loading.

If it’s 5.2 you’ll need to upgrade to 5.3 via Panel and if it’s 5.4 you’ll need to create a ~/.php/5.4/phprc

Did that and it was running 5.3 with a 5.3 folder
updated it to 5.4 and changed the folder name to 5.4 and I am still stuck at 7MB :frowning:

Should I send in a ticket?
Or is there something else I should try/check?

Thanks

I’d look at phpinfo() to check that the correct phprc is loading and that another file is not being loaded afterwards that overwrites the variables.

Once certain everything is in order, the next step would be to double check the spelling and location of path and files.

/home/[user]/.php/5.3/phprc

/home/[user]/.php/5.4/phprc

Would that be listed under Additional .ini files parsed?
if so it says none

I noticed when I go to kill the process that is is listed as
php5.cgi
So I created a /.php/5/phprc but that didn’t help

Double checked the spelling and it is correct

Not sure why it doesn’t list the file under phpinfo()

php5.cgi is usually an indication that the domain is loading either DreamHost PHP 5.2 or a customised installation.

Went in and set all of my domains to php 5.3
Most of my domains are only used for email and never had anything installed on them

How would I check if there was something else in there?
And if there was wouldn’t phpinfo() report it?
Right now it shows 5.3.13 before it showed 5.4.11

Thank you for helping me and answering all of these questions :slight_smile:

Well this is very strange. If the path and file is correct it should be loaded and reported in phpinfo() as:

Additional .ini files parsed /home/snoturtle/.php/5.3/phprc

But it isn’t. Crazy stuff.

You’re not putting the .php directory inside the domain directory are you? (I doubt it).

Check the contents of phprc and make sure there are no errors inside it. Remove everything except the following:

upload_max_filesize = 50M
post_max_size = 50M

PHP running as php5.cgi is also puzzling. If it’s loading 5.3 or 5.4 then the version should be reflected in the running cgi.

Argh!

Don’t doubt it as that is what I did :frowning:

I thought it was supposed to go in the root directory of the domain and not the “root” directory

So that way it would only affect one domain at a time

Than you very much for your help

The .php directory needs to go in your home directory (e.g, the root of your FTP account). It will affect all domains hosted under that user.

Oh well, at least you got it sorted out eventually.

Still odd that it appeared as php5.cgi 'tho (maybe that one was active on another domain).

I have been battling this all day, been following http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/PHP.in but everytime i try it it errors.

[quote]Warning: Unexpected character in input: ‘’ (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/f4u5t/storage.thefausts.net/owncloud/lib/base.php on line 610

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /home/f4u5t/storage.thefausts.net/owncloud/lib/base.php on line 610
[/quote]
Could you give me a breif rundown of how this is done, please?

hello, I need to increase my upload limit to 32m
you can help me? I can not.
:frowning:

Create files:

[i]/home/[user]/.php/5.3/phprc

/home/[user]/.php/5.4/phprc[/i]

Edit those files and add:

post_max_size = 32M upload_max_filesize = 32M

I’m having the same issue. My upload limit won’t increase from the standard 7 MB.

I am running PHP 5.4 with FastCGI on a shared dreamhost server.

I have created /home/username/.php/5.4/phprc
containing the below:

upload_max_filesize = 60M post_max_size = 60M

In OwnCloud V7.0.3:
I have set my user to an “unlimited” quota.
I have increased the max file upload to 60 MB
The .htaccess file reflects the above:

upload_max_filesize = 60M
post_max_size = 60M
extension="fileinfo.so"

I’ve just refreshed the admin page in OwnCloud and seen it has somehow reverted to 7 MB?

What am I doing wrong?

What’s your domain?

My apologies. I thought I deleted that post - it actually came down to a pc problem, my editor was bugging out in the phprc file.

That happens :slight_smile: