Change login/webid to log into DH

Currently, I’m entering in the email address [for the user name] and password associated with that email address to log into DH.

This is the same email I used during the sign up process. …

is there any way I can create a new one, or change the existing one?

is it in the panel?

any help would be great :stuck_out_tongue: thanks!

Yes, but you can miss it easily :slight_smile:

Click the Edit Profile link at the top of the Web Admin Panel (right next to the Log Out link), you can change your primary email address in here. This new email address should then work for Panel log-ins.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

lol.

thanks!

is there any way to use only a login name and not a whole long email address?

:stuck_out_tongue:

No problem, glad to help.

I must admit, I didn’t notice the ‘Edit Profile’ link for quite a while either. :slight_smile:

You mean like creating a new WEBID?

You can create a new WEBID and give this ID panel privileges via Billing -> Account Privileges, but I am not sure if you can disable an existing WEBID, so you may end up with more than one valid WEBID for the account.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

When you sign up for a new web ID, it gives you a random password. Is there any way to change this password? (since your web id is not the same as the email/ftp account?)

I just answered this in another thread, but…

Try changing it by clicking Edit Profile at the top of the panel, then clicking Security.

Mark

Mind you it could be a good thing to have different passwords for the control panel and an email/user account, for security.

Norm