CGI file not found/executing

Hi all, I’m trying to implement PassDirectory, which uses Perl and executes a CGI to set itself up. The instructions say to ensure that the CGI file is:

1. Uploaded via ASCII (it was);
  2. That it points to the proper Perl directory (I think it is)
    #!/usr/bin/perl
  3. That the file is CHMOD to 755 executable (it is).

From there I’m supposed to run the CGI file from the browser and the setup routine is supposed to start. But it doesn’t. Instead I get this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /dirpass.cgi was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

Rik

[quote=“rforgo, post:1, topic:55668”]From there I’m supposed to run the CGI file from the browser and the setup routine is supposed to start. But it doesn’t. Instead I get this error:

Not Found
The requested URL /dirpass.cgi was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

Rik
[/quote]

You uploaded the file to the wrong directory or logged in to FTP/SSH as the wrong user. Check the Manage Domains panel for the user and web directory information.

Really? But I can see the uploaded file in the proper directory. I uploaded from the same account I upload everything there with and I can get to everything else. I don’t get it.