Hey all,

I’m having trouble getting the centova messenger (centova.com) to work on my domain. I have the database setup and it’s accessible, but i get an error from the centova wizard stating that it cannot connect to the database. The permissions of the files are correct and i double-checked everything, so there’s no (apparent) reason for it not working.

Has anyone got this working?

P.S.- The files come encoded with ioncube loader, maybe that’s it?

[quote]P.S.- The files come encoded with ioncube loader, maybe that’s it?

This almost definitely wouldn’t work, as we don’t support ionCube loader (or similar tools like Zend Encoder, etc).

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin

The strange thing is that, if the ioncube loader wasn’t working the script wouldn’t even run, it would throw an exception regarding ioncube not installed.

So i’m stuck for now. I can access the db from home so it isn’t a permissions issue…

Any solutions? Or a decent alternative to centova?

After a long time i got the script working following a suggestion by Centova’s author and upgrading the ioncube loader. That got the script connecting to the database. But right now i’m getting another error, when the contact-list pops up it gets redirected to:

Which obviously doesn’t work since that’s not the script directory. Also, the protocol is incorrect (the script is in a ssl directory).

Any ideias as to why this redirection is happening?