Er. We got past that stage days ago: it was agreed by support that the files were legitimate (Andrea made the decision) and that they would be restored forthwith.
The files are halfway back up - about 15g of them - but the rsync job keeps stalling, resulting in - well, take a look for yourself
74 blog posts on my main site which are broken because they (for example) link to a PDF or an .ogg video file or an MP3 stored on files.howtolivewiki.com.
[vgupta 87706933] Message from support.
Indeed, thanks for the details. We did another review and we are in
agreement that your files are within the policy limits. We are initiating
the restore back to your web server and will follow up with an email
letting you know when it’s completed. Again, very sorry about the
inconvenience this has caused.
Please, please, can we get this sorted out. It’s a total disaster.