Cashing Out Rewards

In the “Rewards” section of the panel:

“We automatically apply available rewards credit to any outstanding balance on your account (if any) before cashing out your rewards …”

• There is a 5% fee for cashing out rewards instead of applying them to your DreamHost bill.

And a checkbox:

• Yes, I want excess rewards balances to be cashed out via PayPal each month.

So I’m basically confused.

1. How can rewards credit be cashed out instead of applying them to the bill?
  2. If I check the box, will there be a 5% fee?

Just tick the box :slight_smile: . The rewards will only be applied to your account balance if that balance is negative at the time. If the balance is positive (or $0), the rewards will be transferred to your PayPal account.

Yes, there is a 5% fee on PayPal transfers unless you have attained ‘Platinum’ rewards status (5 or more non-pending referrals).

Pay just [color=#CC0000]$22.40[/color] for 1 year Dreamhost hosting, use promo-code [color=#CC0000]MOJO97[/color]
Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on all 1 and 2 year plans!! (Max saving on monthly plans too!!)

To clarify, you can’t cash out instead of applying them to the bill if your account shows that you owe. Cashing out applies to the rewards above and beyond what you owe (obviously, if you owe nothing, then it applies to all of your rewards).

Check out Gordaen’s Knowledge, the blog, and the MR2 page.

I guess the wording on that point is deceptive then.

Save $97 on all yearly plans with the promo code [color=#CC0000]DREAMZAP[/color]