Can't view my website. Help!

I’m a new user who is very confused! I’ve connected to my server space via ftp but there wasn’t a folder with ‘mydomain.com’ (yes, i know this should be what I registered) so I made one like the dreamhost wiki recommended. I uploaded my site into this folder, however, when i’ve tried to access it in my browser I get an empty directory listing page. It’s a site that i’ve had up and running before with another hosting provider and everything worked fine. Please help!

When you added the domain to be fully hosted, could you have specified a different Web directory (other than yourdomain.com)?

https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.manage

You can look at Edit Web Hosting to see what is listed.

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

The web directory is: home/‘username’/‘mydomain.com’. I have uploaded my web site into this directory but still I get an empty directory listing page. Ouch! My head is really hurting!

Maybe your files are actually not going where you think, or something is wrong and you should contact support. Or could you have a setup like .htaccess or something that doesn’t work as expected?

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

My problem is fixed! A ‘mydomain.com’ folder magically appeared in the root directory so a coppied my site into it and hey presto!

I have no idea how it appeared and why i’ve been spending that past four hours trying to work this one out??? So if anyone can shed light on how this happened i’d love to hear their theory?

Anyway, cheers for the resonse.

It’s only a theory, but it looks to me as though there was a delay in setting up your domain, as DH normally “automagically” sets up the yourdomain.tld directory when you set up the domain.

It looks like in this case there was a delay in that happening (which might be explained by the recent network troubles DH has been having), but once it was completed on DH’s end, everything was in place. :wink:

–rlparker