Can't understand Rewrite behaviour

Hi. I’ve been trying to install the Mantis bug tracking system which uses PHP. Our main website runs Rails.

I included a rewrite in .htaccess and things were working fine, then all of a sudden I’m getting 404 errors on all the PHP files except a handful.

My rewrite rules look like:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/blog.*
RewriteRule .* - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/habanero/forum.*
RewriteRule .* - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/habanero/wiki.*
RewriteRule .* - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(stats|failed_auth.html).$ [NC]
RewriteRule .
- [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/support.*
RewriteRule .* - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/support/mantis.*
RewriteRule .* - [L]

There is no ruby stuff involved in support and going to that directory itself just lists its contents. Oddly enough some files like /support/mantis/admin/check.php still come through. There production.log error I’m getting is:

ActionController::RoutingError (no route found to match “/support/mantis/login_select_proj_page.php” with {:method=>:get}):
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.6/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:1325:in recognize_path' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-1.13.6/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:1315:inrecognize’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/dispatcher.rb:40:in dispatch' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:168:inprocess_request’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:143:in process_each_request!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:109:inwith_signal_handler’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:142:in process_each_request!' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:600:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:in each' /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/fcgi.rb:597:ineach_cgi’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:141:in process_each_request!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:55:inprocess!’
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-1.2.6/lib/fcgi_handler.rb:25:in `process!'
dispatch.fcgi:24

Any thoughts?

Never mind. I made some adjustments to the .htaccess, but the problem really seemed to be some old cookie that was disrupting the site.