Can't transfer hosting

Hello,
I had a Crazy insane hosting plan which I registered a year back with a promo code. Now, I don’t see any option to use promo code while renewing.

From one of the post on this forum I got to know that I can register a different new account with promo code and transfer those domain to new one. I registered a new hosting account, however, now when I deleted the domain from my old hosting account and added in the new one. It gives me error that domain is already in the system and can not be added.

Please help, as now I have one old account that is due to renew and one new account in which domains are not being added. I m runied :-(.
Please help

Is time to pay the piper. End of cheap lunch. Pay or go.

http://blog.dreamhost.com/2006/12/28/a-christmas-present-for-you/

"More recently, people have been “taking advantage” of our new-customer-only promo codes by canceling their accounts after a year and deleting their domains from our system, then re-signing up again with a new credit card and another promo code and then re-adding their old domain. This results in a day or two of downtime for them, but I guess that’s worth it for some people.

Well, now we just log all domains that have been deleted from our system and don’t allow them to be re-added to a promo-coded account for at least a year. So, eat a big pile of that, loop-holers!

Every day, there are more “exploits” of our system’s code and policies that come to our attention. Some we just let go because they’re not that wide-spread and it’d be more trouble to fix it than the damage it’s causing. Others we patch up and then move on."

If you had read a few more posts on the forum, you would have discovered that steps have been taken to remove this ‘loop hole’ in the promo-code system (see vicm3’s post above).

I don’t blame DreamHost for taking this step, as the promo-code system was always intended to provide new customers with a way to try DreamHost, without outlaying too much cash. If you like the service, which you obviously do, you are expected to pay the full plan price to renew. Allow customers to continuously use promo-codes to renew wouldn’t be too financially healthy for the company.

Anyway, I think your only alternatives are to either pay the full plan cost (it’s worth it :wink: ) or find another host.

Good luck.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

[quote]now when I deleted the domain from my old hosting account and added in the new one. It gives me error that domain is already in the system and can not be added.
[/quote]
as mark explained, promo code is only available for new customers. from what I know, you cannot transfer domain name between promotional accounts. It mean if you already used promo code for this account, the domain name should stick in this account.

and we are ok with it :stuck_out_tongue:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].