Can't transfer free domain from dreamhost

I can’t transfer the domain I registered with DH when signing up . It is coming up for renewal in October, and I do NOT want it to expire, or have to renew the domain through dreamhost.

Domain is: toshikian.com

I would like to transfer it to my godaddy account.

Thanks,
Anthony Ettinger

why can’t you transfer it? I’d drop DH support a note on that, if you are having troubles, as they may have the “free” domain on “registrar lock” - I’m sure they will work it out for you.

–rlparker

I don’t know. I’m not getting any of the emails from the transfer process from godaddy. It worked on another domain.

Have you asked the support?

:wink: [color=#CC0000]Here[/color] are my Hosting Plan Comparision and $97 off DreamHost Promo Code

i sent them an email.

Is the email address correct in the WHOIS info for that domain? That’s the address that will have to authorize the transfer, even if you’re using other email addresses with DH or Godaddy.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

yes. it is.

What is the status at Godaddy? Is it listed as a pending transfer?

Unless the emails are ending up in your Yahoo junk folder, I’d contact both Godaddy & DH to see which end the problem is at.

If there’s no record of it at godaddy, you could just try again and see what happens.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).

I called godaddy, and they re-initiated the transfer, as of today it was in a “locked” state for some reason. The domain is “unlocked” via whois however.

I have yet to receive the email at my old email account under which the whois information is registered.

I did email DH, but haven’t heard back.

That’s odd. I take it Godaddy said it was locked?

If that’s the case, I’d send a more specific update email to Dreamhost, letting them know that Godaddy says it’s locked.

no. it is not locked by DH.

I’m not sure, but I think it may actually be a godaddy problem. This is the 2nd time I haven’t received their emails when transferring a domain.